Have you heard about something called “Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central”? If not, you must have been sleeping. Because it has been all over. And it’s going to be released today!
Something new, also means new documentation. And I have been drowning in resources on Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central.
Allow me to try to sum up the different points
So, let me share you some resources I was able to gather on Business Central, which I think are worth reading. Most probably, I will not list all resources, simply because I’m not aware of all. So, please feel free to add any forgotten resources in as a comment – I would be happy to add them to this post!
- Announcing Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central: greater impact with an end-to-end view by Alysa Taylor, General Manager, Business Apps & Strategy
- The Business Central home page. Probably THE place to be for getting the latest and greatest information and overview on Business Central. Including a page about the capabilities.
- Dynamics 365 for Financials Support, which is a blog about different topics on Dynamics 365, including the current D365FOBE – soon to be Business Central. I can only assume it will be used for Business Central as well.
- The Microsoft Dynamics 365 Roadmap to see what Microsoft is working on at the moment.
- For product suggestions, you can use this url. There is no “Business Central” just yet, but I guess that’s a matter of time!
“One of the Microsoft MVP’s” Arend-Jan Kauffman wrote some very good content on two topics that was on everyone’s mind:
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Tenant Customizations – basically confirming that yes, we will be able to customize BC tenants (by means of extensions)
- Object Licensing with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
- the Developer and IT-Pro Help for Dynamics 365 Business Central – all you need to know regarding development for Business Central.
Videos are making it to the surface as well pretty fast. This filter gives you quite a nice overview on the Business Central videos on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJGCg4rB3QSs8y_1FquelBQ/search?query=Dynamics+365+Business+Central, including these announcements:
- Announcing Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central: A modern solution for modern businesses
- Dynamics 365 Business Central | Business Applications Spring 2018 Release
Furthermore, I found these introduction videos:
- Introduction to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Get Started with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Get Assistance with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
Some videos regarding building Apps for Business Central (the more technical ones)
- add a field in an extension? | Dynamics 365 Business Central Apps
- upgrade logic to an extension? | Dynamics 365 Business Central Apps
- add AL code to an extension? | Dynamics 365 Business Central Apps
- connect to web services in an extension? | Dynamics 365 Business Central Apps
- add a relation to a foreign table in an extension? | Dynamics 365 Business Central Apps
Dynamics Learning Portal
Last but not least, you should bookmark this page on the Dynamics Learning Portal, because multiple resources on Dynamics 365 Business Central will come available in spring 2018! There is already a 1-hour video on “How to Migrate Dynamics NAV C/AL Code to Visual Studio Code AL for Dynamics 365 Business Central” and a lot more to come!
There you have it! Happy listening, happy reading, … . I know that when you’re done reading this blogpost, it’s probably already outdated as many more resources on this new release is on its way!